The journey to become a Listening Volunteer with the Samaritans begins with an Information Session. While we have a number of 2017 intakes, we have a limited number of places, so be quick and register your interest below to get started on your journey.
Come to one of our INFORMATION SESSIONS to start your journey. RSVP to reserve your place on one of the following dates:
- Monday, 3 April 2017 from 6 – 8pm
- Thursday, 11 May 2017 from 6 – 8pm
- Saturday, 1 July 2017 from 10am – 12pm
- Monday, 7 August 2017 from 6 – 8pm
Next you will be invited to attend a SELECTION EVENT. This 3.5 hour event gives us the opportunity to get to know you better, for you to get to know us, and importantly for you to determine for yourself if you feel you have the qualities it takes to become a Samaritan. Upcoming dates are:
- Saturday, 25 March 2017 from 9am – 12:30pm
- Saturday, 22 April 2017 from 9am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, 1 June 2017 from 6 – 9:30pm
- Saturday, 29 July 2017 from 9am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday, 27 September 2017 from 6 – 9:30pm
LISTENER TRAINING is conducted in a classroom setting and is run by experienced Samaritans.
Our second course for 2017 runs for six consecutive Saturdays from 9am – 4pm. The first session starts on Saturday, 29 April 2017 and we finish on Saturday, 3 June 2017.
Our third course for the year will be held on Monday & Thursday evenings starting on 19 June and finishing on 27 July.
We usually hold four training courses annually so please keep an eye on this page for further dates as they are confirmed for 2017.
Let us know that you would like to start YOUR journey by enquiring below.
Thank you for your interest, our Volunteer Management team will be in contact with you shortly.